Hi, I’m Shelby.
My goal is to speak to the heart of mothers who are looking for more clarity and meaning in their lives. With honesty (the loving kind!), I give them the tools they need to join me in waking up. From a place of connection, motherhood becomes an opportunity for spiritual metamorphosis. We can shed physical and mental clutter. We can examine and let go of negative thought patterns. And we can make conscious decisions about the kind of life we want to live.
Having been on this journey myself for over 6 years, I’ve experienced firsthand how powerful it can be to live with intention. In that time, I’ve adopted minimalism, studied countless subjects, started my first business, practiced yoga intensively, healed my body naturally, lived in a Costa Rica jungle and co-created two beautiful humans with my soul partner, Tyler.
When I’m not writing here, I can be found reading books with my toddler. I am a big-time reader in general and my library card is my most valued possession. I’ve soaked up so many different books — from human development to alternative medicine to philosophy. In fact, this is the one area of my life that remains untouched by minimalism. With each move, we haul several boxes of my beloved books and I have no shame, because it has taught me to honor the uniqueness in everyone.
If you’re still reading this and want to know more about me, here are some other cool / weird / random facts.
- I’ve never had a beer. (Can’t do bubbles..)
- I don’t like rules. You’ll see this in my writing all the time. (Have you noticed my excessive use of parentheses yet?)
- Vegetables didn’t enter my life until age 20.
- I am a Highly Sensitive Person. And while we’re labeling, my Myers-Briggs type is INFP.
- Joseph Chilton Pearce would be at my round table. He has inspired me more than anyone in the last few years.
Talk with me, tell me about yourself on this page or sign up below if you want to stay in the loop!