People often ask me what deodorant I recommend. Unfortunately, I can’t give you any recommendations.. because I don’t use deodorant! Before you call me crazy, hear me out.
- What comes out of your body reflects what you put in. Body odor is affected by what’s being emitted by your sweat glands.
- Function of sweat glands is to excrete toxins from your body.
- Sweating is an important part of maintaining optimum physical health. That’s why you need to keep sweat glands open and unclogged by deodorant products.
What Causes Odor?
- The cause of armpit odor is the intentional excretion of horrible toxins that your body is trying to get rid of. By using deodorant, you block the exit door and force toxins to stay in your system!
How to get rid of odor? Clean up your body from the inside out!
Foods That Make You Stink:
- Red meat: #1 cause of odor. It putrefies in the digestive tract and releases toxins into the bloodstream through the large intestine.
- Manufactured foods: those lacking fiber, made with refined white flour, added sugars, hydrogenated oils and processed ingredients
A plant-based diet is an internal deodorizer. It’s true: the chlorophyll and other phytonutrients will cleanse you from the inside out.
It sounds weird, but I actually like the smell of my sweat since transitioning to a whole foods diet. I'm sitting here in hot & humid Costa Rica--where "every yoga class is a hot yoga class"--and I smell just fine.
Note that changing your diet and adopting a more natural way of living really does save you a lot of money. No need for deodorant, medicine, doctor visits, beauty products, hair products, etc.
For those of you who are still looking for an alternative, natural deodorant, check out GoodGuide’s Deodorant Ratings.