I cannot eat enough of them.
- 2 Tbs Flaxseed
- 5 Tbs Water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 8-10 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (I used Linda's sugar-free Stevia Chocolate Chips)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sometimes I add vegan protein to my pancake or crepe recipes. All you need to do is add more liquid until you get the right consistency. Make sure your pan is either non-stick or well greased, because adding protein can make pancakes stick.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flax seed and water. Allow this mixture to thicken for about 10 minutes. For more info on making "flax eggs", check out this link.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients (including flax egg) in another. Then mix together.
- Lightly grease pan with coconut oil, and cook. I like to use the 1/2 cup container to pour the batter onto the pan. And remember, don't flip until you see bubbles start to form.
- As soon as you cook both sides of the pancake, remove it from the pan and poke some chocolate chips all around it. The pancake is still hot enough to melt the chocolate perfectly, and this allows you to choose how many/where you want your chips! (For me, everywhere.)